4 weeks before the move:
- Call M&M Moving and schedule your move. Call 870-741-1111.
- Tour your house and decide which items should be discarded or donated to charity. Consider a garage sale.
- Call physicians, dentist, eye doctor etc… Request a copy of recent medical records.
- Get copies of renewable prescriptions.
- Arrange transfer of school records.
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if moving is covered.
- Be sure your new home is protected by transferring fire, theft, and other personal-property insurance.
3 weeks before the move:
- Plan to use up most food items before the move.
- Movers can’t take aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. It is best to use them up or give them away before your move.
- Make your travel reservations for the trip.
- Notify the Post office and get change of address forms.
- Begin packing! Don’t forget items in your attic, closets, basement, or lawn.
- Arrange to discontinue utilities, delivery services, cable, phone, internet, newspaper, pest control etc…
2 weeks before the move:
- Close or transfer all bank accounts.
- Return library books and other things you’ve borrowed.
- Arrange connection of utilities, cable, internet etc… in your new home.
- Draw up a floor plan of your new home, and indicate placement of furniture and items.
1 week before the move:
- Reconfirm travel reservations.
- Arrange to have cash on hand.
- Pack a bag with your essentials to go in the car with you. Items could include: snacks, water bottle, medicine, glasses/contacts, important papers, toiletry items, and an extra pair of clothes.
- Start packing suitcases.
- Drain water from garden hoses. Drain gasoline from lawn mower and other lawn equipment. Leave cap off to air out.
1 day before the move:
- Get name, address, and phone number to M&M moving if not already.
- Finish packing all suitcases.
- Defrost, clean, and dry refrigerator.
The day of the move:
- Be available to answer questions, sign paperwork, and confirm your address and delivery date.
- Check every room, closet, storage area for forgotten items. Make sure windows and doors are locked and lights are off.